Cockapoos are lively, sociable dogs that love to play. But even the most active dog breeds need plenty of sleep, all the more so that they are ready to spring back into action after a good night’s rest.
So, you want to give your Cockapoo the best possible night of sleep? In this guide, you can discover the best dog beds for Cockapoos that are currently on the market. But first, let's go over the benefits of finding your tail-wagging friend the right bed as well as important considerations during the shopping process.
Benefits of a good dog bed for your Cockapoo
Want to know more about the benefits of Cockapoo beds? The right canine bed will help your pet in the following ways:
Things to consider when buying a dog bed for your Cockapoo
Now that you know more about the benefits of choosing the best Cockapoo dog bed, let's dig a little deeper into some important buying considerations.
To guide your decision, it helps to know a bit about this breed. Your pet is crossbred from a Poodle and a Cocker Spaniel. Like Poodles, Cockapoos usually don't shed a lot, which makes them a fairly "hypoallergenic" dog. But like Cocker Spaniels, they are affable and love playing. These qualities have made them a favorite among dog owners.
The Right Size
Make sure when you are shopping for a cockapoo dog bed that you get one which is the appropriate size for your pet. The American Cockapoo Club gives these measurements for cockapoos:
The Club adds, “Size is determined by the height, rather than the weight, of the adult dog. Height is measured to the top of the shoulder in standing position.”
Easy to Wash
Thankfully, Cockapoos on average shed very little fur or dander. This is particularly the case when your Cockapoo has inherited his hair type primarily from the Poodle and has a curly hair texture.
Some Cockapoos have straighter hair, having drawn that texture from the Cocker Spaniel, and may shed a bit more. But either way, it is important to have an easy-to-wash bed with features such as being machine washable, featuring a removable cover, and maybe even a water-resistant liner.
Why? Because Cockapoos are messy dogs. They love rolling around in the dirt and tracking it back inside. And even if your Cockapoo is mostly an indoor dog, he is still going to find ways to gather up dirt and dust, transferring it to his bed.
Finally, there is a wide range of shapes and materials of dog beds that Cockapoos may enjoy based on their personalities. These include donuts, flat beds, sofa-style beds and more. Below, you can view a diverse selection of top recommended products.
Best Cockapoo Beds
1. MIXJOY Orthopedic Dog Bed Comfortable Donut Cuddler
If your Cocakpoo loves to curl up in a ball and get extra cozy after a day of play, he may enjoy the MIXJOY Donut Cuddler. This plush, fluffy dog bed is for the discerning pet that loves luxury and cuddles. The raised rim will make it easy for your dog to snuggle up and get comfortable. It measures 30"x 30" x 6'', and is suitable for dogs up to 45 pounds, so it should be a good fit for most Cockapoos. If you have a smaller Cockapoo, you can order a smaller size of bed.
- The cuddly donut-shaped dog bed includes faux shag fur upholstery and is available in pink, brown, gray, or gray-blue.
- Does your furry friend require extra neck support? This bed can provide it.
- No stress cleaning. Just use the gentle cycle on your washer and tumble dry on low heat. To ensure extra longevity, you can hand-wash the bed.
MIXJOY Orthopedic Dog Bed, available at Amazon
2. Villa Bagel Dog Bed by Majestic Pet Products
If your Cockapoo can use the neck support provided by a donut-shaped bed, but would prefer a little more room to sprawl out, you might consider the Villa Bagel Bed. This bed measures 32"L x 23"W x 7"H, and is ideal for dogs which way between 25 and 45 pounds. There is also a 24-inch version available.
- The bed is stuffed with comfortable but supportive Premium High Loft Polyester Fil and features a waterproof denier base. This makes it an ideal choice if your pup is prone to accidents.
- A wide variety of colors are available to fit with different interiors.
- You can machine wash the dog bed so long as you use the cold cycle and do not use an agitator. You can also tumble dry the bed on low heat.
- Though the bed is made with imported materials, it is manufactured in the USA.
- While hair can collect on this bed, it is pretty easy to get out, so it is an excellent choice for straighter-haired Cockapoos.
Villa Bagel Dog Bed, available at Amazon
3. Friends Forever Orthopedic Lounge Sofa
Have a Cockapoo that just loves to lounge around on the couch with you? Now you can get him his very own lounge sofa-style bed. Measuring 20” x 25”, this bed features a mattress which is 2.5” thick.
- The memory foam interior helps to provide the orthopedic support that your dog needs. Your pet can also prop up his head on the cushioned poly-fill bolsters for added neck support.
- The bed is available in four neutral hues, which should fit in fine with any interior color scheme.
- The liner is water-resistant for accidents.
- While you cannot wash the memory foam core of the bed, you can remove the cover and throw it in the washing machine.
- The sturdy YKK metal zippers should stand up even to rougher dogs.
- The bottom of the bed is non-slip for tile or hardwood floors.
- This dog bed is backed by a one-year warranty and 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed, available at Amazon
4. Best Pet Supplies Pet Tent
If your Cockapoo has a strong "denning" instinct, he will adore the cozy, enclosed environment of the Pet Tent by Best Pet Supplies. This plush tent measures 19 x 19 x 19 inches and is available in a smaller version as well.
- The interior lining of this plush dog tent is polyfoam, a material similar to the memory foam. You can choose from among different neutral colors and sturdy materials for the upholstery, including linen, corduroy, or faux suede.
- You can stuff this entire pet tent right into your washing machine. Afterwards, the tent needs to set out and air dry.
- From a portability standpoint, this tent is easy to pick up and move. It can be an excellent alternative to traveling with a larger, heavier crate.
- A pillow is included so your dog can get extra comfy.
Best Pet Supplies Tent, available at Amazon
5. Brindle Waterproof Memory Foam Pet Bed
If your Cockapoo prefers to stretch out on a flat bed, one good option is the Brindle Waterproof Designer Memory Foam Pet Bed. The medium size measures 34" x 22" x 4" and can support up to 50 pounds. A smaller size is also available.
- As this bed is stuffed with two inches of high-density support foam and two inches of comfort memory foam, it can conform to the shape of your dog’s body, providing excellent support for all joints.
- The cover is made of velour. It has a soft, comfy texture, but is rugged enough to stand up to regular use. There are six different color combinations available. You can unzip it and remove it to throw in your washing machine. It resists dust mites and is hypoallergenic.
- While you cannot machine wash the mattress, it is covered with a waterproof layer. That means that you can wipe it down or even hose it off if you want.
- A three-year warranty protects your purchase of this comfortable and supportive dog bed for Cockapoos.
Brindle Memory Foam Dog Bed, available at Chewy
Ready to give your beloved Cockapoo the perfect night's sleep each and every night? Click on any of the links in this article to purchase one of these top recommended beds now. Your pet will thank you!